I’m the last guy that anyone should turn to for relationship advice, but I have been in the fitness game for a while, and I realize that a romantic relationship(s) has a lot of close similarities to the relationship we have (or should have) with our own health and fitness.
2. We seldom experience “love at first sight” - it usually takes a while to nurture the relationship;
3. You have to respect your health. It too can go “all crazy on your ass” if you don’t take care of it;
4. Either relationship can elicit a heart-poundingly good time (both of which can improve health… wink)
5. There are gonna be some ups and downs (no pun intended) – the key is working through them and coming out better off on other side;
6. Things do get easier as you go along;
7. Sometimes you need to spice things up a little;
8. Worse case scenario for both… death.
1. Breaking up with your health is not an option (well I guess maybe it is but we typically call that something else);
2. Your health won’t run a key down the side of your car or throw your shit on the front lawn when things go to hell;
3. Diamonds, flowers and candy don’t help your health - the anatomical heart is not for sale (at least not legally);
4. Your heart won’t be with anyone else – it’s yours for good so take care of it!